Thursday, January 7, 2010

Letter of Introduction (continued)

So I'm not very familiar with blogging and I couldn't figure out how to edit an older post, so I'm finishing this one with a second blog.

Anyway, the pinnacle of development for my fantasy/science fiction novel came when I was a senior in high school. I had developed plot outlines for all three books in the trilogy and written 3 chapters of the first novel, a total of 46 pages. I was proud of how far I got and even passed out copies of the prologue to a few of my more scholarly friends to get their opinions on it. Then I went through a phase where I could not work on it for a while. About a year later I went back and read it, decided it was not good enough for me and it didn't hold my vision well, then deleted the whole thing. To this day I haven't written any more on it, but the ideas still remain fresh and ever changing in my mind. I've experimented with poems, but nothing too heavy and that's really about it.

Last but not least, I am a senior in Mechanical Engineering here at Clemson. So you are probably not surprised to know that I am only taking this class because I am required to, otherwise I would stay away from English courses altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment